Are you planning to study cybersecurity in New Zealand? If so, then you are at right place. This article will discuss all about pursuing a Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand for Indian students. Studying in New Zealand is a perfect decision for an Indian student. New Zealand is one of the safest nations in the world and has based its education system on the successful British model. Tuition fees are also relatively affordable compared to other English-speaking countries such as the United States or the United Kingdom. As an international student, you will also appreciate the hospitality of local New Zealanders. You will also have the opportunity to try and enjoy all kinds of fun outdoor activities such as canoeing, scuba diving, hiking, ice climbing, etc. Let’s find out !
Why Study a Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand?
- New Zealand has a high demand for cybersecurity professionals. This area offers some of the most sought after courses in New Zealand. International students pursuing a Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand have great career opportunities.
- International students aspiring to pursue a Masters in Cybersecurity have many options available to choose from world-renowned institutions such as the University of Waikato and Massey University. Their programs are highly regarded and emphasize real-world application and problem-solving skills.
- Another advantage of taking this course from New Zealand is that you gain both technical and theoretical knowledge as well as practical experience through internships and projects.
- The eligibility requirement is also simple with a bachelor’s degree in information technology or cybersecurity as an admission requirement is required. A high level of English proficiency is also expected.
- Tuition fees for this course are generally more affordable than those in other English-speaking countries such as the UK or the US.
- Pursuing a Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand can be a rewarding experience for international students, both academically and professionally. If you’re up for the challenges of this growing field, consider pursuing cybersecurity as a Masters in New Zealand.
Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree (preferably in computer science/computer engineering).
- An average grade of at least B in your 300-level or higher computer science papers.
- IELTS (academic) overall score of 6.5 (no band should be less than 6.0); IBT paper (Internet based).
- Pearson PTE Academic Test – An overall score of 58 is required and no PTE Communicative Skills score should be less than 50;
Master in Cyber Security in New Zealand – Required Documents
- Valid proof of identity (proof of nationality)
- passport proof
- A passport photo
- Proof of all your past university studies
- Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
- Statement of Intent (SOP)
Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand – Study Cost
The advantage of studying cybersecurity in New Zealand is that the tuition fees for the entire masters course are much lower than in most European countries or the United States. In fact, the biggest motivation for international students is that New Zealand universities also offer scholarships and funding. Let’s see the total course fees for some of the popular cybersecurity masters in New Zealand.
|University||Course name||world university ranking||Total course fees (approx)|
|University of Waikato||Master in Cybersecurity||401||INR 25,77,000|
|Auckland University of Technology||Master in Information Security and Digital Forensics||251||INR 26,70,900|
|Southern Institute of Technology||Diploma in cybersecurity (level 6)||N / A||INR 6,47,500|
|University of Auckland||Master of Professional Studies – Digital Security||137||INR 17,02,000|
|Unitech New Zealand Ltd||New Zealand Diploma in Cyber Security (Level 6)||N / A||INR 10,79,900|
|Wellington Institute of Technology||Graduate Diploma in Cybersecurity||N / A||INR 9,62,000|
|Wellington Institute of Technology||Bachelor of Information Technology (Cybersecurity)||N / A||INR 33,88,800|
Master in Cybersecurity in New Zealand – Career Opportunities
The demand for trained cybersecurity professionals is growing at the rate of 3 times the average for other IT professionals. Cybersecurity IT professionals have almost zero unemployment. Candidates who have completed a Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand are in high demand in New Zealand and around the world. Some of the most important career opportunities are
- Information Security Manager
- Security Assessment Consultants
- Penetration testers
- IT security consultant
- Entrepreneurs of new security products and services
Best Universities for Masters in Cybersecurity New Zealand
|University||Course name||Tuition fees in NZD|
|University of Auckland||Masters in Information Technology||NZ$44,000 (approx.)|
|Victoria University of Wellington||IT master||NZ$59,000 (approx.)|
|University of Waikato||MSc – Computer Science||NZ$36,000 (approx.)|
|Massey University||Master in Information Science||NZ$35,000 (approx.)|
|University of Canterbury||Professional Master in Computer Science||60,000 New Zealand dollars (approximately)|
|Auckland University of Technology||Master’s in Computer Science and Information Science||NZ$38,000 (approx.)|
|University of Otago||MS in Computer Science||NZ$55,000 (approx.)|
Scholarships for Masters in Cyber Security in New Zealand
If you are facing financial constraints to study in New Zealand, you need not worry at all! Many scholarships are available to ease your financial burden. New Zealand offers several scholarships for international students. You can apply for the following scholarships in New Zealand:
- International Exchange Scholarship at CMS
- AUT Vice Chancellor Professional Achievement Award for International Students
- Sir William Gallagher Cybersecurity Scholarships
New Zealand student visa procedure
Indian students going to study in New Zealand for more than three months must apply for a New Zealand student visa. A student visa will allow a student to study in New Zealand for a prescribed period of time.
- Student Visa – Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must submit a confirmed letter of offer for a course registered with the New Zealand Ministry of Education.
- It is essential for an applicant to show proof of a fund of at least INR 8 lakhs for one year to study in New Zealand.
- An applicant must maintain at least NZD 1200 – NZD 1250 per month to survive in New Zealand.
- Student Visa – Application Cost–
Students who submit their student visa application online are required to pay a visa fee of NZD 330 + INR 747 (approximately) as a welcome center fee in New Delhi. Applicants applying for their student visa by post must pay USD 330 + INR 955 (approximately) as reception center fee in New Delhi.
- Student visa – Documents required
- Valid passport
- Fully completed student visa application form
- Receipt for payment of application fees
- Offer letter from a New Zealand university/institute
- Health insurance receipt
- Two passport photos
- Transcripts of diplomas, diplomas or certificates of studies
- IELTS, TOEFL, GRE or GMAT results
There is a growing demand for trained cybersecurity professionals across the world. Studying a Masters in Cybersecurity in New Zealand will help you develop the skills needed to become a specialist in this field. After graduating from this program, you will have a thorough understanding of all technical, legal, and managerial aspects of cybersecurity. You will also have the opportunity to master the skills of detecting security vulnerabilities, penetration testing of computer systems, cloud computing technologies, preventive security and laws relating to cybersecurity. Gaining expertise through a cybersecurity degree will make you irreplaceable in the 21st century. If you found this blog post helpful, please share and like this blog! Also post your comments!
Learn more- What are the best courses to study in New Zealand?
Leave a Reply