Do you know that UK is known worldwide for its one year program MBA in UK? Unlike other countries, you have the option of pursuing a one-year MBA in the UK. The UK has over 25 universities in the top 200 QS Global MBA Rankings 2022. A one-year MBA in the UK for Indian students is one of the most cost-effective programs (from around 10 to INR 15 lakh). Doing an MBA in the UK not only means ensuring you have a good education, but also making you a better candidate for a job anywhere in the world. Quality education, world-class infrastructure, century-old tradition and global recognition are some of the best reasons to choose the UK as the best place to pursue your one-year MBA in the UK for students indians. If you want to know all the details about the One Year MBA in UK for Indian Students, this blog is a must read.
Why Study a One-Year MBA in the UK?
- Low cost (₹10-15 lakhs)
- No prior work experience required
- Same value as the two-year MBA
- Course duration 1 year
- A high quality education
- Close links with industry
- Reputation of UK Business Schools
- Strong research infrastructure
- Worldwide recognition
- Career Services and Alumni Network
- Top 10 FT Business School University Rankings 2022
- Highest paying degrees with an annual salary of GBP 130,000
Top 5 Universities for One Year MBA in UK for Indian Students
To pursue a one-year MBA in the UK for Indian students, the general eligibility requirements are as follows:
- A relevant three-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university (50-60% score), which is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree.
- GMAT score – 600+ minimum average.
- Professional experience – Not always required, but a minimum of 2 years preferred.
- Language Proficiency Scores – International students must submit an IELTS score of 6.5+ or a TOEFL IBT score of 95+.
- Letter of recommendation – 1 to 3 Preferably professional or above.
- Declaration of intent / essay – 500-word Personal Statement/SOP answering questions such as short and long-term career goals, how the MBA will equip you for a future, and why you chose the MBA program.
- Visa- A student visa to pursue the MBA for one year.
- Funds – You will need to submit proof of your funds to show that you have enough money to support yourself between INR 1,00,000 and INR 1,50,000/month
Admission documents required
- RESUME – A well-designed CV, preferably one page, clearly demonstrating your employment, education and achievements. Should include your work experience, degrees, project details (if applicable), internship information, list of extracurricular activities and your interests.
- Academic Grade Sheets – tene standard from final year/last semester grade sheets.
- Transcripts – The baccalaureate transcript is a consolidated score sheet that you receive from your college.
- Letters of recommendation – UK universities require at least two letters of recommendation. These should be on your school/college/employer letterhead, should be stamped and signed accordingly. You will be asked to register the referees online and you will need to enter the title, full name, designation, company name and official email id (not Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook) of your referees in the online application. They will then receive an email from the university with a link to click on to recommend you. Half of this is based on a rating scale and the other half is either a text box or specific questions about you that need to be answered. Please choose referees who will be comfortable doing all of this online and who have an official email id.
- Personal Statement / Statement of Intent – A 1-2 page essay that should answer these main questions:
- What motivates you to do this internship?
- What prepares you for this course (studies, work)?
- Why do you want to do your MBA or a particular Masters at the University of the United Kingdom?
- What are your short-term goals, long-term goals, or career plans in general?
- Work Experience or Internship Letters – Work experience or internship letters from all your employers.
- Test Score Reports – Submit scanned copy of IELTS/PTE scores
- Other certificates – Extracurricular activities, social work, volunteering, community service, etc. must be submitted.
- Passport: First and last page.
- Photo: Passport size photo
- Application form : The completed application form should be completed and sent to the University.
Jobs after 1 Year MBA in UK for Indian Students
The UK offers a huge market for MBA professionals. Some of the popular majors such as finance, marketing and human resources offer an average salary of up to 90 lakhs per year after completing a one-year MBA in the UK for Indian students. UK MBA graduates are well-educated to take responsibility for leadership positions in organizations. Graduating from the UK and its best business schools paves the way for some of the best jobs after completing a one-year MBA in the UK for Indian students. Here are some of the top positions along with their average pay:
|Job title||Average salary/year (INR)|
|Financial Analyst||30 lakh – 55 lakh|
|Financial Advisor||45 lakh – 1 crore|
|Human Resources Director||40 lakh – 60 lakh|
|Manager – People – Consulting||65 lakh – 75 lakh|
|Marketing Manager||30 lakh – 70 lakh|
|Information technology manager||40 lakh – 65 lakh|
|IT Services Manager||40 lakh – 60 lakh|
|Business Development Manager||48,000,000 – 50,000,000|
|Consumer Strategy Manager||37 lakh – 69 lakh|
|Senior business manager||25,000,000 – 55,000,000|
Specializations in UK One-Year MBA Programs
There are a variety of specializations offered by one-year MBA programs in the UK. Some of them include:
- Human Resource Management.
- Operations management.
- Business strategy.
- Computer science.
- Organizational behavior.
- Executive management.
- International trade.
- Information management
- World Bank and finance.
The UK student visa is valid for 16 months. This will give you 4 months to search for employment after the early completion of a 1-year MBA in the UK for Indian students. After 16 months, you can apply for a post-study work visa.
Post-Study Work Visa
The post-study work visa is a temporary visa granted to international students so that they can have the chance to live, study and work in any career path once they have completed their studies. This is given by the UK government so that they can retain the best students from around the world and help them discover job prospects in the country. After receiving a post-study work visa, international students can now stay in the UK for 2 years after graduation and 3 years after completing their PhD programme.
To find out more about the best universities offering a one-year MBA in the UK for Indian students, just contact Abroad Education Consultants (AEC). We help students like you find the perfect university for a One-year MBA program in the UK based on your scores and preferences, and apply! So what are you waiting for?
Leave a Reply